- London Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title: Private Clients Senior Account Handler
Location: Twickenham (Hybrid)
Salary: £40,000 circa
Job Type: Permanent
- The Private Clients Senior Account Handler role is based in Twickenham.
- To fully support the Private Clients Team in the key areas of account handling and broking of existing and new business to insurers.
- Provide a comprehensive insurance service to existing and potential new customers in accordance with both FCA and internal requirements.
- To engage with Senior Managers where applicable and take shared responsibility in achieving the department targets.
- In conjunction with the Manager of HNW and Private Clients, prepare and agree any forecasts, targets, plans and budgets for your respective area of work in order to establish clear work targets.
- To be responsible for achievement of all forecasts, plans, programmes and budgets in your respective area of work and so contributing to the teams achievement.
- To maintain appropriate, regular contact with existing customers and ensure their insurance requirements continue to be met in line with service levels.
- To work closely with other Account Executives and Account Handlers where necessary, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- To promote and maintain a high image of professionalism, competence and in this way to promote high levels of customer satisfaction
- Make certain that files, notes and other records are clear, complete, up to date and available to other staff standing in when you are away in order to maintain high levels of client service and accuracy of documentation
- To cooperate and participate with other team members in ensuring that the smooth running of the office, and any housekeeping tasks, are fully accomplished
- Take a proactive role in your own development
- To act at all times within the FCA Principles for Business and to comply with FCA and internal procedures at all times in order to ensure the company meets its responsibilities in this area.
- To understand and observe at all times the firm’s Treating Customers Fairly Policy and to encourage more junior staff to follow by example.
- To work with the Finance team to ensure the successful management of both the internal accounting and the credit control function in so far as it relates to the Private Clients Division.
- To actively work with other operational and support functions in the identification of cross selling opportunities with a view to maximising product sales penetration within the client base.
- To complete face to face and electronic client meetings, appraisals, renewal meetings, New Business Meetings and Service meetings in accordance with the Clients/Prospects Insurance needs.
- To actively participate in the firm’s Performance Appraisal system by agreeing business and personal development goals on a yearly basis and participating in the quarterly review process
The job holder is expected to have passed or to be actively studying for the Cert CII qualification (expected to pass Stage 1 within three months and to achieve the CII qualification within one year)
- In depth knowledge of the HNW market
- Technical Insurance knowledge of relevant policy wordings
- Selling and cross selling
- Decision Making
- Communication skills: telephone, verbal & written
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Sales and Marketing
- Relationships – internal & external
- Planning and Organising
- Excellent file management
Subject to the Working Time Directive, hours are to be regarded as flexible depending on circumstances and may include extended or intense periods of work on occasion.
- 9 GSCE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- 5 Years High Nett Worth Experience for placement, client management and market knowledge
- Computer and Keyboard skills
- Understand of FCA principles
- Sales and marketing techniques, and methods.
- Report-writing and presentation techniques.
- Hybrid Working – Working from home opportunities on a weekly basis
- Professional development – we are passionate about this and provide opportunities for you to develop and study for relevant, roles specific training and/or professional qualifications.
- Perkbox – an employee perks and benefits scheme offering over a hundred perks and discounts in cinema’s, shops, gyms and restaurants and more
- Holiday Purchase and Exchange Scheme – purchase or exchange your holiday allowance towards a benefit of your choice
- Recruitment Referral Scheme – £1,000 bonus for every successful candidate via staff recommendation for permanent roles
- Interest Free Season Ticket Travel Loans Exchange Scheme – help save with travel costs
- Employer pension contribution 5% (not minimum 3%)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 access to trained advisors on an array of subjects, including legal help as well as private counselling sessions with professional counsellors outside of the workplace, through our Wellbeing Partner.
For extra information please contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430