- Suffolk Jobs
- £25k - 35k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Property Insurance Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP25,000 – GBP35,000 +
Location – Suffolk
An exciting opportunity to work within a front line Lloyds MGA with nearly 30 years experience in the market and long established relationships within the Broking community.
Our client are in the process of winning some major accounts and are set to grow in volumes of business moving forward – as such they are looking to grow their underwriting experience in order to facilitate there projected growth.
Predominantly a non-standard property Underwriters working to provide solutions to complex risks. To this end they have recently become a BIBA scheme provider, having partnered with a Tech Company to provide a solution for the growing issue of Escape of Water.
The successful candidate will underwrite non-standard property insurance on a range of product types, using in house practices and working within binding authority guidelines.
You will have the opportunity to apply your own judgement and experience to your cases to ensure a good balance of a commercial approach while protecting the performance of the book.
– Negotiating with brokers, studying various insurance proposals by gathering and assessing background information in order to effectively underwrite the risk involved
– To provide support and work with the business development team ensuring all quotations are underwritten commercially to ensure monthly targets are achieved
– You will be responsible for calculating the possible risk and deciding how much individuals should pay for insurance whilst remaining commercial at all times
– Develop an understanding of complex underwriting cases
Key Result Areas
– Deliver excellent customer service to clients / IFAs and Brokers throughout
– Dealing with any incoming quotation enquiries both with clients and brokers ensuring they are underwriting commercially to secure the sale.
– To underwrite consistently and profitability with all new business risks
– Authorising new business policies underwritten within the New Business Underwriting Team.
– Ensure you are operating within the terms of binding authorities, FCA regulation and TCF
– Supporting and working with the business development Team in reaching set targets.
– To identify and challenge non-standard & standard underwriting decisions within the Underwriting Guide and challenge insurers.
– Communicating with the business development team, brokers and clients to understand needs and requirements when underwriting quotations.
– To tackle difficult complex cases head on to gain a more in depth knowledge of non-standard underwriting.
– Demonstrate increased ability for creative thinking and problem solving Understand and comply with current operational processes and procedures but also look for ways to improve the way work is currently carried out
– Liaising with insurers to get the possible terms and premiums
– Underwriting new business risks presented both on the company trading platform and external company systems
– Understating brokers requirements and whats required to secure the sale when underwriting quotations
– Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
– Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
Skills And Competencies
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills both over the telephone and in writing
– Problem Solving
– Computer literate
– The understanding to think outside the box and make commercial underwriting decisions
– Qualified to Cert CII level or working towards this
– A-Level Standard Qualifications
– In depth understanding of Residential Property Insurance
– In depth understanding of Property Insurance Sales and/or Underwriting
– General Understanding of Property Insurance Claims
– General Understanding of FCA GI Regulation
A minimum of 2 years experience in Residential Property Underwriting
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.