- Essex Jobs
- £45k - 60k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Commercial Underwriting Manager
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP45,000 to GBP60,000
Location – Essex
Industry – Insurance
Our reputable client is offering an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual keen to lead the Commercial Underwriting to its next level development and growth.
The role focuses on providing UK insurance brokers with a wide range of schemes for specialist and non-standard risks across a wide and varied selection of trades and specialisms. Currently in an exciting period of growth and expansion, it now seeks additional expertise to add value and strength to its underwriting proposition.
The Commercial Underwriting Manager will play a vital and supporting role in the business management within the Group’s commercial MGA, looking after a portfolio for both direct and wholesale clients. There are specific responsibilities for scheme underwriting and all activities connected with it, through the profitable acquisition and retention of business.
· Sales: New Business, Renewals and MTAs
· Clients: SME Direct and SME Wholesale
· Schemes: Property owners, office, shop, catering, Taxi base office, churches, professional indemnity, tradesman
· Premium sizes: GBP100 – GBP10,000+
· Markets: Binding authority, London markets and Lloyds
· Systems: Internal software house, insurer portals, Open Gi
· Ad hoc: Training, Broker access, multiple social events throughout the year, work hard play hard culture
Key Result Areas
· Sales & Marketing
· Working Together
· Competencies Development
· Communication Skills
· Underwriting business in accordance with delegated and binding authorities granted to the company
· Achieving volume and loss ratio targets, as agreed with individual insurers
· Quoting new business, assessing risks and underwriting from a cover and rating basis within risk appetite; providing contract certainty, territories, underwriting performance, limits of liability
· Acting as support / referral point to Mercury SME team and external brokers
· Working with 120+ existing brokers to form lasting relationships and trust
· Producing and maintaining underwriting files for both internal and external viewing and to prepare for audit
· Working in-house system to produce certificates, policy workings and bordereaux
If you have the relevant experience for this role or know someone who does then please contact us on 0203 411 8430 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: We will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.