- Suffolk Jobs
- £20k - 35k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Commercial Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP20,000 – GBP30,000 + benefits
Location – Suffolk
Industry – Insurance (Insurance, Underwriter, Commercial, SME)
One of the UKs most successful and well known Insurance Companies are seeking a Commercial Underwriter to join their expanding team in Suffolk. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to become an integral, technical member of the team.
– Underwriting existing business profitably, accurately and in line with established Underwriting practice.
– Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of existing cases.
– Contributing to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment, as appropriate.
– Contributing to the improvement of profitability by implementing actions agreed with brokers to improve account performance.
– Respond to customers requests for information.
– Promote the business through a polite, helpful and willing attitude to all customers and colleagues external and internal.
– Demonstrating your contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch underwriting controls.
– Cert Cii qualified or willing to work towards.
– Experience of Commercial Underwriting essential.
– Technical knowledge of Commercial Property and Casualty would be a bonus.
– Aware of market knowledge and trading issues.
– Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
– Team focused.
– Effective time management skills.
– Aware of service standards and business processes for the role.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.