- Birmingham Jobs
- £60k - 75k per year
- Full Time
- Risk & Compliance
Job Title – Risk Control Manager – Insurance
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP75,000
Location – Birmingham
Industry – Insurance
– Undertake new business, renewal and post-loss surveys in accordance with Company philosophy. Produce reports and risk improvements, within service standards. Ensure timely feedback to Underwriters of any features of the risk that have an impact on underwriting decisions.
– Manage, motivate and develop the RC Surveyors, ensuring mentoring and development of team members takes place, supporting the future needs of the business, market growth and opportunities!
– Delegate authority to reporting Risk Control Surveyors, where surveys exceed normal authority limits. Ensure technical standards are maintained and recognise any additional upskilling needs.
– Maintain relevant technical and legal knowledge, disseminate appropriate information to the RC Team, Surveyors and Underwriting staff are always fully informed.
Your Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
– CIP/ACII/AIRM/NEBOSH Cert. Educated to A level standard or equivalent with 10 years surveying experience.
– Working knowledge of construction standards and rules, fire protection methods and systems, security systems and Health & Safety law.
– Knowledge of rebuilding costs and considerations, trade processes and fire hazards. Material Damage & BI EML calculation and rationales.
– Appreciation for business interruption assessment and business continuity techniques, risk assessment, control and loss prevention techniques.
– Good social skills, happy when addressing colleagues and customers.
– Good organisational skills for forward planning & able to interpret data with accuracy and present findings articulately
– Strong negotiation and persuasion skills, excellent people management and ability to build team morale, motivating others to pursue standards in perfection.
– Proficient in MS Office, eligible to work in the UK with an ability and willingness to travel.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.