- Birmingham Jobs
- £70k - 80k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Commercial Underwriting Manager
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP80,000
Location – Birmingham
Industry – Insurance
Our Client has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Underwriting Manager to lead and manage the operational underwriting function for the branch, applying underwriting and pricing strategy, and policies to build technical excellence and deliver profit and income targets.
– Delivering planned underwriting result through underwriting account management (revenue & product), financial planning, account monitoring and analysis of underwriting trends
– You will be responsible for profitability, underwriting governance and control of all business traded through the Branch brokers, including business managed in Branch and renewals serviced through SME Trading Centres.
– Demonstrating loss ratio control by effectively implementing and monitoring of underwriting controls
– Implementing & influencing underwriting philosophy & strategy through relationship with the Technical Centre to achieve financial objectives
– Build a reputation as an underwriting expert and build confidence in the Branchs underwriting capability
– Setting up & monitoring underwriting standards ensuring effective management and deployment of empowerment
– Leading underwriting relationships with key customers to deliver profitable growth
– Building relationships with management teams and the branch network. Actioning cases in line with knowledge of wider broker action plans
– Acting as a technical referral point and decision maker on all technical & trading issues to deliver technical excellence
– Leading, managing and inspiring the senior underwriting team through effective performance management to continuously develop the technical capabilities of the branch
– Creating an open and honest culture which drives engagement, development and supports the Branch and Commercial Intermediary strategy to meet key objectives
– Building relationships with Underwriting Managers and management teams across the Commercial network. Actioning cases in line with knowledge of wider broker action plans
– Embrace and deliver the change programme, and adopt changes, particularly system and process led, to ensure the matrix approach across the Branch network, Schemes, Connect and SME Trading Centres, are robust, consistent and unified.
– ACII qualification desirable
– Degree level or other equivalent qualification preferred
Skills & Experience:
– Proven experience and ability to lead & motivate underwriting teams
– Previous experience of working at a senior level within a commercial insurance environment; sound understanding of insurance market and processes essential.
– Excellent relationship management skills and experience of building successful long term relationships both internal and external
– People and resource management skills, with proven experience and ability in leading and motivating teams.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Pragmatic decision maker with good analytical and numerical reasoning skill
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.