- North Yorkshire Jobs
- Market related
- Full Time
Job Title: Commercial Insurance Team Manager
Location: North Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Overview of role:
The Enterprise Team Manager will lead a team of professional level employees across multiple levels in Account Management/Broking; new business &/or renewals. They will maximise team and account profitability and oversees performance management for supervised colleagues whilst supporting the wider teams objectives and goals
– Managing around 10/12 people in new SME Enterprise teams
– Need to have insurance experience as well as management- can be fairly flexible with lines of business
– Conducts, mentors and oversees performance management for a small to medium sized group, coordinates workload of team members and ensures team is appropriately staffed to meet client needs.
– Monitors the preparation, management, implementation and achievement of business plans and goals.
– Helps maximise team and account profitability through the implementation of efficient and effective work practices, adequate client billing and sensible expense control.
– Strengthens effective long term relationships with key client decision makers and stays abreast of key changes within the clients organisation.
– Lead, plan and implement clear and effective new business &/or renewal and broking strategies, ensuring performance meets set targets.
– Engender a positive and tenacious client retention and development focus amongst team members through regular communication of client status and retention issues.
– Recognise and capitalise upon revenue generation, growth and other opportunities by actively developing additional business from existing portfolio and other sources in line with budget targets.
– Ensure adherence to the business procedures and processes including focus on facilitating best practice.
– Work alongside piers to ensure that a superior service and client experience is provided at all times, providing regular feedback on the teams development, issues & identifying training needs where required.
– Provide technical support to team members and across the wider department.
Skills & Experience
– Experience managing Client and Stakeholder relationships
– Expert knowledge of operational processes and systems
– Extensive Market & insurance product knowledge
– Excellent knowledge of compliance and Operational Risk
– Experience of People Management
– Proficient in operational improvement processes
– Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
– Demonstrated ability in providing excellent customer service
– Skilled in understanding and prioritising conflicting needs and able to meet deadlines effectively
– Problem solving skills: able to challenge barriers and seek to solve problems effectively
– Strong literacy, numeracy, administration and organisational skills
– Good written and oral communication skills
– Professional and flexible work ethic
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2317 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications.
Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.