- West Yorkshire Jobs
- £30k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Commercial Trading Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP30,000 – GBP40,000
Location – Leeds
Industry – Insurance
Deliver the team trading results through effective underwriting trading and building dynamic underwriting relationships with brokers.
– Delivery of planned financial result through effective underwriting of cases.
– Demonstrate contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch UW controls.
– Build effective trading relationships with Brokers through trading activity to be recognised as a positive trading partner, contributing to achievement of results.
– Identify poorly performing accounts and investigate reasons for lack of retention. Discuss actions with Senior Underwriter and implement actions to increase retention.
– Contribute to the improvement of profitability by implementing actions agreed with brokers to improve account performance.
– Contribute to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment.
– Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
– Pragmatic decision maker with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills
– Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment
– Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience of working in teams and successful record of delivering results.
– Extensive knowledge of the the companys product range
Skills & Experience:
– Progress towards CII qualification desirable
– Excellent interpersonal skills
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0121 272 3291 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications.