- Oxfordshire Jobs
- Market related
- Full Time
Job Title: Account Executive – Private Lines
Job Type: Permanent
To achieve agreed Company forecasts, plans, targets and budgets for the development of existing and new customers personal lines policies, including but not limited to Home, High Net Worth, Motor, travel and associated policies.
We expect a comprehensive Personal insurance service to existing and potential new customers.
To develop an initial and ongoing knowledge and understanding of customer requirements and ensure these are met at all times.
– Manage own client bank and areas of responsibility, so that a positive contribution is made to achieving Company sales forecast, plans, programmes and budgets
– Provide new business quotations for all classes of General Insurance on request, providing relevant advice, information and guidance.
– To work closely with the Team Manager, ensuring a high level of liaison with, and understanding of, their requirements to maximise customer satisfaction
– Develop good communications with all other areas of the business and with customers
– In conjunction with the Team Manager, complete detailed reviews of the insurance requirements of existing and potential new customers, and prepare detailed reports
– Negotiate with Underwriters in placing, amending or renewing clients insurance programmes
– Ensure all documentation associated with placing, amending or renewing clients insurance programmes is completed in a reasonable timescale and is accurate. This will include issuing instructions to Accounts Department for relevant financial transactions to be completed
– Assist customers in initial reporting and subsequent negotiation with insurers of a satisfactory settlement of claims, as required
– Provide risk advice/risk management/risk prevention information on both Commercial Motor and Non Motor risks to customers, in conjunction with Underwriters as appropriate
– Contribute towards the development of a high Company image of professionalism, competence and customer satisfaction
– Assist, when required, with the Accounts function of the business in carrying out credit control with relevant customers
– Any other duties, as required by your Line Manager, in accordance with the nature of this position
The job requires a thorough knowledge of:
– The principles, practices and legalities of all major classes of General Insurance
– The UK General Insurance market in respect of Commercial insurances
– Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all major classes of Commercial insurance
– Industrial processes, construction methods and factors, security measures, Health & Safety legislation and Risk Management techniques
– FCA Regulations for dealing with Commercial customers
– FCA regulations for dealing with Clients Money, Treating Customers Fairly, Complaints regulations and Data Protection Act.
– The Companys Complaints Procedure
– The operation of the Companys IT system, including procedures, authority limits and audit trails
You will need knowledge of:
– The Law of Agency
– The Data Protection Act
– Credit Management procedures
– FCA Regulations for dealing with Retail Customers
– Requirements of money laundering legislation
This job is office based, but may occasionally involve travelling to customers premises, which in some instances may be completed outside of normal office hours.
Death in service
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work towards their CII qualifications
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest however only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk