- Hampshire Jobs
- £20k - 27k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Self-Drive Hire Account Handler
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP20,000 – GBP27,000
Location – Farnborough
Industry – Insurance, Account, Handler, Commercial
Our Client is currently looking to recruit an Account Handler within their team based in Farnborough.
– Administration of clients insurance requirements on a daily basis including general enquiries, renewals, mid-term adjustments, obtaining quotations, closing sales, invoicing of premiums, cross-sales and experience in claims.
– Provision of high-level professional advice to clients
– Assist in achieving Group/Division client retention targets by providing an excellent level of service.
– Liaise effectively with the Client Director to ensure an appropriate strategy for renewal, attend client meetings as necessary and action meeting points (if applicable).
– Undertake market exercise to establish most competitive terms available.
– Obtain renewal terms and present to client.
– Produce and issue professional summaries and reports using company templates.
– Issue renewal documentation in line with contract certainty.
– Ensure premiums are collected prior to the commencement of cover and in line with company procedures.
– Prioritise and handle all work promptly and accurately. Handle all queries, whether written or by telephone, in a professional manner and process effectively in line with service standards.
– Record all relevant information, correspondence and documentation on Acturis(?) and make effective use of the diary system.
– Produce accurate and professional documentation at all times using relevant company templates.
– Process adjustments in line with procedures, including notification to insurers, issue of revised documentation, and collection of additional premium.
– Actively cross-sell products from other Divisions.
– Refer all queries that fall outside own experience, knowledge and authority to senior staff.
– Liaise with and assist other branches and Group Resources as necessary.
Experience & Professional Qualifications
– Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in providing specialist advice in the commercial motor/fleet/motor trade insurance market.
– Must be qualified to a minimum of Cert CII (or gain the qualification within 18 months of joining).
Skills & Knowledge:
– Working knowledge of Fleet/Motor Trade/Commercial Motor and all the main classes of General Insurance and the CIIs Code of Ethics and GDPR.
– Working knowledge of the company product range, policy wordings and service standards.
– Responsibility for own personal development and for keeping own knowledge up to date by the use of e-learning, in-house courses, and studying for professional qualifications in order to gain the required CPD points.
– Good level of technical insurance skills, to be assessed by regular in-house testing.
– Accuracy and attention to detail.
– Ability to process work quickly and efficiently.
– Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
– Excellent client service skills.
– Good negotiation and broking skills
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to gather and analyse information from the client.
– Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual clients level of understanding.
– Ability to persuade and influence others.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email me at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful