- Manchester Jobs
- £0 - 65k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Property Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP65,000
Location – Manchester
Youll work with the Head of Property as a specialist underwriter within the team. Youll have the opportunity to influence the strategy of the book across underwriting, pricing, and proposition for Property Owners risks. Its a great time to be entering the market. Our client is looking for someone who is ready to seize the opportunity and make a stamp in the market for themselves and their career.
Youll be an accomplished underwriter within the sector and be able to demonstrate a hunger to learn and develop in this space. Day to day youll be building market leading relationships with Brokers, underwriting Property Owners risks and thinking about how to exploit the market opportunity by honing the companys underwriting appetite across the proposition.
– Acting as the central point of contact for new business enquiries coming into the team via face to face, phone and email.
– Writing a minimum amount of GWP of new business and renewals each year, as agreed with the line manager.
– Underwriting larger and more difficult risks and dealing with complex technical referrals.
– Acting as an internal point of referral for Property Owners business.
– Identifying and challenging non-standard underwriting decisions with a reasoned referral to a product expert or underwriting manager.
– Providing mentoring and coaching to less experienced underwriters.
– Monitoring broker performance and identify remedial action to be taken to correct any performance issues.
– Provide a point of excellence to internal and external stakeholders
– Contributing to growing the business income through cross-sell and up-sell
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0121 272 3292 or email us email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.