- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £23k - 25k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Trainee Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP25,000
Location – Hertfordshire
Industry – Insurance, Underwriting
A self-motivated individual, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is willing to learn both from coaching and your own investigation.
A key member of the Underwriting Team in a supporting role. Assisting the U/W team with offering guidance and instruction to the business on our Placement Strategy. Also supporting the team renewals, referrals, help the team monitor loss ratios across the binders and assist with implementing actions to improve COR where appropriate.
Be a staff referral point for technical, underwriting and procedural matters.
Underwriting Governance. Assist all underwriters with ensuring that DA protocols are implemented and adhered to in the business processes. To help create and monitor U/W Guides on each binder and to ensure they are being adhered to.
Review Claims MI to identify claim trends and agree methods to address these patterns.
Principle Objectives and Responsibilities including the following, other objectives may be assigned:
– Build maintain and manage working relationships with supporting insurers and with other team members and customers.
– Technical & Training Support – To assist in the design and delivery of local U/W training material.
– Performance & Binder Plans & Bridges – To assist the team with monitoring binder performance and ensure a robust binder plan is fit for purpose, agreed and implemented into the business.
– Monthly Reporting – To report against actions detailed in binder/bridge.
– Bordereaux – To assist in any bordereaux queries that may be required to comply with bordereaux SLAs.
– Deliver accurate and timely work in line within agreed service standards
– Proactively propose ways of improving products and procedures
– Identify opportunities to obtain further business from customers.
– Assist with management and maintaining controls in respect of sub del agreements including bordereaux exceptions. Assist with undertaking regular audits in accordance with control framework requirements
– Offer guidance to the QA team to enable them to undertake Underwriting Technical Quality Assurance QA for staff in accordance with agreed numbers
– Ensure productivity and quality of work is in line with agreed business standards.
– Take ownership and responsibility for achievement of personal development goals.
– Adopt a welcoming approach to change and remain adaptable to new ideas and practices.
Support & Communication
– Operate at all times as a team player providing help and support to colleagues when needed to ensure delivery of team targets and objectives.
– Offer new ideas when appropriate and actively participate in team meetings.
Achievement of Results
– Monitoring of retention % and net growth figures for the business against budget.
– Challenge current thinking, methods and covers to identify new and innovative ways to improve the business.
– Work with line manager to ensure all products wording, schedules and associated supporting documents are complete and compliant.
– Contribute to product launches to ensure they are comprehensive, documented and include all relevant parties and that teams are fully briefed and clearly understand the product range.
– Ensure that suggestions from staff receive appropriate consideration.
– A good understanding of commercial insurance would be an advantage. Professional, Strong interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Prioritisation, Delivery, Reliable, Adaptable, Strong organisation skills, Dealing with difficult situations, Takes responsibility
– Current and progressing knowledge of the Insurance market and products therein.
Skills Required – Positive and Hardworking
– Role Model
– Planning, Organisational and Time Management Skills
– Strong Customer Focus
– FCA regulatory and compliance management skills
IT skills – Microsoft Office applications
– Open GI
– Self disciplined and enthusiastic
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2319 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard