- London Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
- Financial Services Jobs
Job Title – Assistant Syndicate Accountant
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £40,000
Location – London
Purpose of the Job:
The role is part of the Regulatory Reporting team and will assist with the timely and accurate preparation and submission of regulatory returns for the organisations Lloyd’s Syndicates (including Solvency II returns). The role will also provide assistance as required for the preparation and submission of Lloyd’s related entities statutory returns and accounts.
- To assist in the preparation of a wide range of regulatory returns for Group’s Lloyd’s Syndicates (including Solvency II returns).
- To assist in the preparation of Lloyd’s related entities statutory returns and accounts.
- To extract data from source systems, applying appropriate adjustments transparently and providing outputs and analysis to support the submission of the regulatory returns.
- To maintain and develop control checks to ensure workings are consistent and accurate with underlying data.
- To make and recommend process changes and streamline the production of returns. Assist in implementing any changes in methodology to achieve a more efficient process.
- To prepare ad-hoc additional returns as and when required.
- To ensure all returns are prepared in a timely manner and complete for review.
- To assist external audit with questions as and when they arise.
- To remain up to date with changes in regulatory reporting regimes and assist the implementation of such changes in the syndicate and/or related entities.
- To assist in the production of papers for the EC / subsidiary Boards as required.
- To liaise with other Group departments and personnel as required, including the Group Compliance Officer, Group Operations, and other Finance staff and underwriting staff.
- To maintain procedures manuals for areas of focus.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects where necessary.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Business and educational experience:
- University Degree (2.1 or higher desirable) or equivalent education background.
- Desire to pursue, or be pursuing, ACCA/ACA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience within the commercial insurance sector with a preference of within the Lloyd’s market.
- At least 1-2 years of experience of completion of regulatory returns.
- Good understanding of functions within Excel (e.g Pivot tables, lookups, SUMIFs etc).
- Experience and knowledge of general ledger systems (eg Great Plains) desirable but not essential.
- Drive and resilience.
- Strong desire to learn and develop.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Proven ability to perform within a team and work within tight timeframes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Regulatory Conduct Rules:
- Act with integrity.
- Act with due skill, care and diligence.
- Be open and co-operative with Lloyd’s, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators.
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct.
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-
Tel: 0203 411 8430